One of the core functions of public health is to monitor and measure the health of the community. Winnebago County Health Department collaborates on many reports.
- 2020 Winnebago County: State of the Child (PDF) explores to what extent children from birth to age five are safe, healthy, and ready to learn.
- 2016 State of the Child Fox Valley: Birth to Five
- Winnebago County Summary (PDF)
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) - student self-reported data on health behaviors, attitudes and perceptions, and protective factors gathered every two years.
- Youth of Color Report
- "An Evaluation of the GO Transit City Bus Program for K-12 Students in Oshkosh": In early 2023, the UWO Whitburn Center for Governance and Policy Research, in partnership with the Winnebago County Health Department and a community stakeholder team, completed a research project to evaluate GO Transit's pilot program offering no-cost rides to K-12 students in Oshkosh since 2020 and its impact on students and their parent/caretakers.
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) monitors six types of health-risk behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death and disability among youth and adults.
Community Health Assessments
- 2019 Community Health Assessment
- 2016 Community Health Assessment (CHA) [PDF Format] for Winnebago County
- 2016 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) - Five year community level plan focused on improving health in Winnebago County. (2016-2020 PDF) (CHIP Summary PDF)
- Needs Assessment (Fox Valley, 2015) [Key Informant Interviews]
- Fox Valley Health Needs Assessment 2016 (PDF)
- Community Mental Health Needs Assessment (Fox Cities Area, Feb 2016) [Power Point] [Full Report]
Other Reports from the Winnebago County Health Department
- America's Health Rankings
- Asset Limited, Income Restrained, Employed (ALICE)
- County Health Rankings
- Environmental Health Profile
- Fox Cities Studies 2016
- Healthy People 2020
- Healthiest Wisconsin 2020
- Wisconsin County Cancer Profiles (Winnebago County)
- Wisconsin Environmental Public Health Tracker (portal)
- 2018 Oshkosh Citizens Survey Report